Position integrates a range of responsibilities, including leading skills-based empowerment workshops for girls and teens, completing phone intakes with prospective new clients, and other administrative, clerical, community liaison, and counseling duties.
Experience and Education:
- Prefer a minimum of a Masters degree in psychology, counseling, education, or related field.
- Experience working with girls, young women, and/or families in educational, youth program, or clinical settings.
- Experience with administrative and clerical duties
- Personal and/or professional experience with mindfulness practices
Ideal candidates have a passion for empowering girls, families, and young women.
They are excited about working for a small and growing entrepreneurial psychology practice.
Skills and Qualifications:
Clinical Assistant Skills:
- Ability to conduct an effective phone intake for families and individuals seeking therapy services
- Communicate caring and professionalism to the public
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the therapy team
- Ability to co-lead groups
- Maintain confidentiality
- Experience delivering workshops, classes or learning packages to groups of children and/or teens
- Knowledge of and ability to implement experiential learning activities
- Ability to deliver engaging workshops with confidence and the highest standards
- Ability to connect well with workshop and group participants and to bring the subject alive
- Effective interpersonal skills for team collaborations and community liaison work with parents, educators, and program leaders
- Enthusiasm about participating in in-house trainings, preparation, review and evaluation meetings regarding the workshop programs
General, Administrative and Clerical skills:
- Highly organized, effective time-manager, efficient, trustworthy, punctual, adaptable and flexible, ability to prioritize and maintain a positive can-do attitude under stress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can provide own transportation to workshop sites
- MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position integrates a range of responsibilities, including leading skill-based empowerment workshops for girls and teens, completing phone intakes with prospective new clients, and other administrative, clerical, community liaison, and counseling duties.
Location: Pasadena, CA
Hours: 32 plus hours per week