Mary Schultz, MMFT, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (IMF 87459).
Supervised by Monica Valdivia-Aguilar, MA, LMFT (LMFT #41352).
I have a longstanding passion for working with girls, teens, and young women, from elementary school through young adulthood, as they navigate their ever-changing world. Each phase of life brings with it new challenges, unique joys, and opportunities for growth! This natural shift can be full of complex emotions and obstacles for girls and their families. It is my goal to provide support throughout these transitional years, to help girls and their families feel empowered and able to redefine their relationship in growth-promoting ways. A big part of this journey entails learning about our emotions, and how they impact our lives. In addition, as I learn about my clients and their struggles, I hope to build their inner awareness and strength, so they can be better equipped to make decisions that will feed their wellbeing.
I believe in the healing power of the therapeutic relationship, mindfulness, and self-compassion – in combination with teaching skills that can be accessed the moment we need them the most! Therefore my therapy is geared towards balancing these components in a culturally sensitive way. My hope is for my clients to have a space to process and sort things out, where they feel heard and understand, while also feeling capable of creating change in their world outside of the therapy session.
- Individual and group therapy with children and teen girls
- Providing skills for those who are struggling with relationships (friends, family, romantic partners, peers), managing their emotions, depression, anxiety, anger regulation, self-love, trauma, and questioning their sexual orientation, so they can live a happier and more enjoyable life.
On Gender Identity: What is Gender Identity Anyway?
- Masters of Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Gender & Women’s Studies, Western Michigan University
- Counseling Partners of Los Angeles – MFT Trainee at Bishop Conaty High School
- Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts – MFT Trainee
- YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter – Kalamazoo Michigan – Student Intern
- Portage Northern High School Girls Group – Group Creator/Facilitator
Mission: My mission is to help girls cultivate an inner strength that translates to assertiveness and advocacy in their everyday life; To help girls and young women build intrapersonal awareness and flexibility through mindfulness and self-compassion; To help them learn to embrace their imperfections, so they can feel more whole, worthy of love, and proud of who they are.
Phone: 626.585.8075 ext. 126BACK TO OUR TEAM