Volunteer Position 2016
Institute for Girls’ Development, a Psychological Corporation.
The Institute is a private group practice in Pasadena.
Welcome to the Institute for Girls’ Development. As a volunteer intern, you play an important role in the life of the Institute. We hope that your volunteer internship will offer training and experience that will be helpful to you as you develop your interests in psychology. Please let us know if there are ways we can make your experience here even better.
Volunteer duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and the Institute’s policy of protecting all client information.
- Keep confidential all intellectual property and Institute business operations and financial information
- Attend the first portion of Case Consultation with the staff.
This is the time in the meeting when mindfulness activities are introduced and HIPAA policy is reviewed.
- Attend – and assist in preparations for – trainings – including Doing DBT Conference in March 2016
- Help committee organizing Girl Power, Peaceful Me, & Girls & Grit Workbooks
- Preparing new patient intake packets for adult & child
- Preparing Assessment folders
- Filing, and organizing file room and/or group rooms
- Running errands (Post office, snacks, office supply, etc.)
- Community Outreach—Dropping off materials to schools/orgs/etc.
Reports to: Project Manager, Jackie Nason & Administrative Assistant, Malea Woods
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@InstituteforGirlsDevelopment.com.