Jessica Fisher, Psy.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow and Registered Psychological Assistant (PSB94024247)
Supervised by Vicki Chiang, Psy.D, PSY21136
I am team member of the Institute’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program, and the Institute’s Child and Adolescent Specialty Program (CASP). I also bring a strong interest in psychological and cognitive assessment to my work on the Assessment Team. I have worked with severely emotionally dysregulated children, adolescents, and young adults, which has made me a strong member of the DBT team. I am skilled at holding the dialectic of acceptance and change to motivate and support my clients in setting and reaching life worth living goals.
Within the CASP program I combine my skills in DBT with my understanding of attachment theory to assist clients in developing stronger coping skills, and interpersonal relationships. My compassion and empathy allows my clients to feel confident and brave when working to reach difficult goals. I am passionate about helping individuals overcome traumatic and stressful life events. Through the use of Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, I have helped clients process their trauma to move from surviving from thriving.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma informed therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychological assessment
Education and Training:
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology and Masters in Psychology, Alliant International University San Diego, California School of Professional Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Chapman University
- Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families, in the Residential Treatment Center
- San Diego Center for Children, in the Residential Treatment Center
- Areta Crowell Bio-Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center
- Center for Autism Research, Evaluations, and Services
Mission: “To support children, adolescents, and families to overcome challenging situations and become strong leaders within themselves and their community.”
Phone: 626.585.8075 ext. 103BACK TO OUR TEAM