Maryanne Mueller-Curson, M.S., Intake Department Team Member
Pronouns: She / Her / Hers
I’m thrilled to serve on the Intake Team for the Institute for Girls’ Development. It’s an honor to be the first point of contact for families and individuals seeking services at the Institute. Through initial phone interviews with prospective clients, I’m able to connect individuals with a therapist on our team and/or a therapy group that best fits their needs.
My approach is described as warm, supportive, and nonjudgmental. I firmly believe that change and healing are possible, and I find it most rewarding when our clients communicate their relief and newfound hope. I am bilingual, and I’m happy to talk to families in either English or Spanish.
I have a Master’s degree in Marital and Family Therapy from the University of Oregon, as well as advanced training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Parent-Child Intervention Training, and Suicide Risk Assessment, Intervention and Safety Planning. My experience in the field of mental health services, combined with this level of training, equips me to effectively walk alongside you and your family during the intake process as you seek the services you need.
As an Intake Department Team Member, I am particularly interested in facilitating support around the following areas:
- Suicidal Ideation
- ADHD, ASD
- Behavioral Disorders
- Body Image
- Self Esteem and Self Compassion
- Identity – LGBTQ, Race, and Ethnicity
- Relationship Issues
Additional Information about my Specialties:
- Bilingual – Spanish – Native Proficiency
- Latinx populations
- Acculturative Stress
- University of Oregon Suicide Prevention Lab
- University of Oregon Prevention Science Institute
- Western Implementation Society for Practice and Research (WISPR)
- Behavior Specialist for Pacific Child and Family Associates in Pasadena
- Therapist Intern – Center for Healthy Relationships, Ophelia’s Place
- Coordinator, Intake Department, Institute for Girls’ Development
- Master of Sciences in Marital and Family Therapy, University of Oregon
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Pepperdine University
Mission: My mission is to advocate for all marginalized groups and invoke social justice across all mental health services.
Phone: 626-585-8075 ext. 108BACK TO OUR TEAM