JOIN OUR TEAM
The Institute for Girls’ Development is a private psychology practice in Pasadena. Flourish Therapy + Wellness Center is our division providing psychology services to adults. At the Institute and Flourish, we promote excellence in culturally responsive psychotherapeutic and assessment services and community education programs for youth and their families. We also provide professional trainings for mental health professionals and educators. We are well-respected and active in the community – collaborating with schools and youth organizations to empower connection, inclusion, growth, and mindfulness.
We are looking for someone who is motivated by our entrepreneurial organization’s mission to empower youth, families, women, and their circles of community. We seek candidates who are interested in participating in our growth in and commitment to social justice and equity. The valued members of our Administrative Team are professional, positive, confident, detail oriented, able to work well both independently and as a team to support our mission.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
On any given day, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the efficient and beneficial operation of the organization. This includes supporting the administrative team, clinical team, and community education team.
- Assure a welcoming and resourceful office and common spaces in all suites
- Oversee hospitality by maintaining coffee/tea supplies in waiting rooms; water plants; dust/wipe down tables/surfaces; update and organize flyer displays, resources and magazines
- Organize and distribute mail to all suites
- Assist the team with setup and teardown for team meetings and various events/workshops/trainings
- Support therapists by assisting with supplies, space arrangement, routine IT assistance, snack preparation for group therapy
- Support our Billing Department by helping print, fold, and mail confidential monthly statements
- Support our Community Education Team by preparing promotional materials and workshop/event supplies, including building set up on the day of an event
- Assist the team with various office and printing projects
- Any other duties as assigned
Administrative employees are expected to follow the practices of the Institute as described in the Employee Handbook. This includes meeting high standards for daily operations, maintaining confidentiality of clients and intellectual property, budget considerations, and professional behavior in the community.
Passion: The ideal candidate has a passion for working in an organization that is:
- Dedicated to empowering girls, gender expansive youth, women, families, and their circles of community.
- A small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results driven, and community oriented.
Requirements: The position will be in-person, 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday. Available to start January 2023. Position is open until filled.
Reports to: Business Manager
Experience and Education:
- At least 2 years of college experience and demonstrated proficiency in clerical and administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications: This applicant is :
- Able to consistently demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective, warm, optimistic, supportive and dependable under pressure
- Good at creative problem solving, decision-making, troubleshooting, taking initiative, and being effectively assertive
- Organized and detail oriented, effective at prioritization and efficiency
- Able to work well as a team member and independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality and follow the professional ethical codes of the mental health professions
- Working knowledge of office equipment – printer, fax, scanner, etc.
- Experienced in the following technology platforms and tools:
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Survey Monkey
Compensation: $18 – $20/hour, depending on experience
To Apply: Please send cover letter, letters of recommendation and resume/CV to HR@ifgd.care. On the subject line, please include last name and position title. Example: Perez: Administrative Assistant Application.