Catherine Liang, M.A.
Practicum Trainee; Program: Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
Supervised by Vicki Chiang, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist (PSY 21136)
Welcome, I’m glad you’re here. I am deeply passionate in empowering my clients through the work of therapy. I work from a multicultural perspective, as I believe that culture affects us in everything we do. I have a particular interest in working with first/second-generation immigrants and Third Culture Kids, helping bridge the cultural and generational gaps between family members. I also love mindfulness interventions and expressive arts therapy, and I fully believe in the healing power of modalities such as dance and movement.
It is my genuine pleasure and privilege to bear witness to my clients’ stories, stand alongside them, and support them. I am a social justice-oriented therapist; I choose to amplify the voices of those who are silenced, empower those marginalized by society, and always approach my clients through cultural humility.
- Multicultural and Liberation Psychology
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- LGBTQ+ affirming therapy
- Women’s issues
- Body Image and Disordered Eating
- Self-esteem / Self-confidence
- Family conflict
- Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM)
- Yoga for Trauma Recovery
Other Current Professional Activities:
- Asian American Psychological Association graduate student member
- Association for Women in Psychology graduate student member
- Los Angeles Job Corps
- Pepperdine West Los Angeles Psychology Clinic
- Southern California Counseling Center
- CLARE Foundation
- OPICA Adult Day Care
- (In Progress) Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Applied Theatre Arts, University of Southern California
Mission: My mission is to empower my clients to be the protagonist of their lives and give them the tools to pursue a life worth living.
Phone: 626-585-8075BACK TO OUR TEAM