Chyna J Parker, M.S.
Practicum Trainee; Program: Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
Supervised by Grace Goodman, Psy.D. (PSY 28905)
I work from a multicultural framework to better understand the many cultural influences and interactions that my clients may experience. I am passionate about understanding and helping children, teens, and families discover themselves in the process of therapy to better cope with the world around them. I look forward to working with my clients and witnessing their personal growth over the course of therapy.
I am a pre-licensed therapist, and I use an eclectic, multiculturally-informed approach in working with individuals, families, and groups. This can include skill-building, mindfulness, expressive arts, meaning-making, and many other tools to help clients and families meet their treatment goals. I aim to find tools that work best for each individual client or family.
I enjoy working with teens and young adults who are transitioning into adulthood and navigating the new spaces of career, schooling, and new challenges. I also value helping those who struggle with anxiety, depression, substance abuse and self-harming behaviors. I work with these clients to help them improve the quality of their lives, to create meaningful and healthy relationships with themselves and others, and to build coping skills to reduce harm in their day-to-day lives.
I am trained in the administration and interpretation of psychological assessments and have worked with neuro- and culturally diverse individuals, which has allowed me to connect them to community services and help them better understand their experiences through psychoeducation.
I provide support for growth in the following areas:
- Multicultural Psychology
- Gestalt and Humanistic Therapies
- LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy
- Expressive Arts
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma-Related Issues
- Crisis Issues
- Psychological Assessment
- Self-esteem / Self-confidence
- Da Vinci Extension for Transitional Age Youth (El Segundo, CA)
- Intensive Out-Patient Dialectical Behavior Therapy Group for adolescents (Bakersfield, CA)
- Kern Behavioral Health and Recovery Services: Crisis Unit – Adult Wrap Around (Bakersfield, CA)
- Kern Behavioral Health and Recovery Services: Assessment and Diagnosis (Bakersfield, CA)
- Aegis Treatment Centers (Delano, CA)
- In Progress: Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
- Master of Science in Psychology, California State University, Bakersfield
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Minor in English Literature, California State University, Bakersfield
Pronouns: They / Them / Theirs
Phone: 626-585-8075 ext.153
Mission: My mission is to help youth and their families reconnect with themselves and the world around them.BACK TO OUR TEAM