Join our team!
The Institute’s Client Services role is an exciting, key position, often the first point of contact for clients and their families as they seek support. The Client Services Specialist is tasked with providing prospective clients with a positive and smooth experience in accessing appropriate therapeutic services in one of the San Gabriel Valley’s premier mental health practices. This position integrates a range of responsibilities: clinical, administrative, and outreach. For professionals looking to gain Supervised Professional Training hours (Masters Level, Associates and Postdoctoral Psychological Associates), this position can offer 10 – 15 hours per week of supervised hours. Hear more about working at the Institute from our team members here!
Skills & Responsibilities would include:
Create a responsive, welcoming and affirming environment for prospective new clients:
- Communicate caring, warmth combined with clarity and confidence
- Engage in timeliness and persistence in following up with prospective clients
Communicate effectively and compassionately with prospective clients, clients and the Institute team
- Conduct an effective phone screen for families and individuals seeking therapy services
- Shepard families from their first contact to their first session with their therapist
- Communicate caring and professionalism to those who call and the public in general
- Demonstrate effective skills for written and spoken communication
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the therapy team to track and usher referrals to their new therapist within our EHR software
- Provide support and direction to clients who call in with various questions
- Carry a caseload of up to 5 clients weekly via telehealth and/or in-person
- Attend weekly individual and group supervision
Participate In and Build Community
- Initiate contact with other community colleagues and resources as needed/assigned
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and administrative teams to coordinate on Institute outreach and other interdepartmental needs
- Attend Institute professional trainings of your choice that are available to Institute staff for free
- Attend Case Consultation, Grit Group meetings and other meetings as assigned
- Input ideas in administrative meetings regarding enhancing systems and protocols while working collaboratively with the administrative team and company leadership
Sustain professional privacy and safety
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA requirements
Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the 4 Essential Criteria for this position: Diversity, Clinical, Educational, and Organizational
- Ability to work with clients in-person and via telehealth
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of current research and theory on girls’, women and gender development is desirable.
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week. Clinical hours are generally mid/late morning into the evening hours; some weekend hours are also an option. The position is primarily onsite, in-person, with limited hours of remote activities.
The Institute for Girls’ Development embraces diversity in our staff and in the clients we serve. Please review our 4 Essential Criteria for this position and learn about our Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. Bilingual/bi-cultural applicants are encouraged to apply.
Positions are available now. Start dates are negotiable.
Competitive base salary to be discussed upon hiring. We also offer 2 weeks paid vacation with increases based on length of employment, 9 paid holidays, 5 sick days, 1 PTO day and an additional 2 PTO days for associates studying for exam licensure, group health/vision/dental insurance plans, 401k plan with employer matching, annual educational and professional membership stipends.
- Provide a cover letter, explaining your interest in this position. Please include your experience and demonstrated interest in each of the 4 Essential Criterion: Diversity, Clinical, Educational, Organizational.
- Provide your curriculum vitae and 3 reference letters.
- Email to Search Committee at HR@InstituteForGirlsDevelopment.com.
- In the subject line, please note your last name and specify your interest, i.e. Perez: Client Relations Specialist.
Please check out our website to learn more about our organization: www.instituteforgirlsdevelopment.com