COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR OUR IN-PERSON SUMMER CAMPS DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
Our Commitment to Minimize Exposure and Keep Our Community Safe
The Institute for Girls’ Development is committed to helping our campers and community stay safe and well while providing the best summer camp experience we can.
We’re taking steps to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 by following CDC recommendations and state and local health guidelines, including the following:
- All facilitators have been trained in Covid-19 safety protocols.
- All facilitators and campers will:
- Complete daily health screenings, confirming that they are symptom-free, before coming into camp each morning
- Wear face coverings
- Maintain physical distancing of 6+ feet as often as possible
- Disinfect hands upon arriving at camp and wash hands frequently
- Stay home if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 during the session
- Campers will not share items – such as art supplies. Each camper will bring a backpack with a snack, water, lunch, hat, sunscreen and personal items. Individual supplies will be distributed for crafts and projects.
- All surfaces and supplies will be disinfected prior to camp and during each day as needed.
- We are limiting the size of each group. The Stand Up! Speak Out!® Summer Camp will be limited to 10 to 12 campers and 3 to 4 facilitators per session. epanouie and Unicorn Day Camp will have no more than 8 campers and 4 facilitators.
- The camps are being held entirely outside this year – in Descanso Gardens. This approach offers ample space and spread-out seating.
- We will follow protocols for quarantining, communicating with families, and reporting to local authorities if a positive Covid-19 case occurs.
Please contact Paige Hobey, Director of Community Education and Outreach, if you have further questions about our Covid-19 protocols. You can reach her at PHobey@IFGD.care or 626-585-8075 ext. 121.