Through fun activities and conversation, our Institute groups are designed to help girls build skills, gain confidence, and enjoy connection. Some of the skills girls learn in their groups include:
- How to make and keep friends
- Awareness of social cues
- Conversational skills
- Empathy and compassion
- How to deal with mean behavior – their own and others
- Ways to solve conflicts
- The joy of working together
- Ways to manage energy and attention
- How to calm strong emotions
- Ways to cope with worry thoughts
- Self-care and mindfulness
- Building a positive mindset
- Feeling good about who they are in their growing bodies
In the pre-group meeting, you, your daughter, and your daughter’s prospective group therapist will discuss the specific goals that will be most helpful to your daughter.
FOR PARENTS: You are vital to your daughter’s growth in group. Some of our groups for girls offer a concurrent parent group; some provide periodic workshops for parents. In addition, we like to meet regularly with parents to hear from you about your daughter. These sessions include discussion of your daughter’s growth as well as ways that you can support her skill development and hardiness at home. We look forward to a collaborative working relationship with you.
For ages 8 – 11: Girl Power™ is a weekly therapy group for girls in grades 4-6.
In this group, girls will learn the skills needed to manage friendship challenges, for emotional regulation, and to help build resiliency and confidence.
For more information, please contact (626) 585-8075, ext. 108.Back to Group Therapies