Grace M. Goodman, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist (PSY 28905)
I am dedicated to helping adolescents, young adults, and their families develop and utilize strengths to improve their lives and enrich their communities. I have several areas of passion and effectiveness that are key to my contributions to the Institute:
- I utilize Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) in both my work with individual clients as well as in the groups that I facilitate. My theoretical orientation lends itself to helping clients navigate difficult situations with flexibility, self-compassion, and commitment to their values.
- I have received specialized training in maternal mental health and I coordinate the Institute’s Perinatal Postpartum Program. In this role, I support mothers as they navigate the myriad challenges that come with growing a family.
- I have a particular interest in helping clients navigate multicultural and multigenerational family relationships with resilience, compassion, and wisdom.
- Building psychological flexibility and resilience
- Building skills to manage academic stress and anxiety
- Developing compassion for self and others
- Building skills to navigate bicultural and multicultural environments
- Transitioning from adolescence to adulthood
- Transitioning to motherhood
- Perinatal and postpartum Support
On Anxiety, Compassion, and Grit: Self-Compassion: The New Alternative to Self-Esteem
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary (2015)
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary (2012)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Amherst College (2008)
- Adjunct professor at Fuller Theological Seminary’s School of Psychology (Pasadena, CA)
- Social Action Community Health System (San Bernardino, CA)
- Centerstone Kentucky (Louisville, KY)
- San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health (San Bernardino, CA)
- Augustus Hawkins Community Mental Health (Los Angeles, CA)
- Hubert Humphrey Comprehensive Health Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- Hathaway-Sycamores Child and Family Services (Pasadena, CA)
- Trained at Postpartum Support International
Mission: My mission is to empower youth and their families to face life’s challenges in ways that foster resilience and enrich their interpersonal relationships and communities.
Phone: 626.585.8075 ext. 105BACK TO OUR TEAM