Hello! Currently I work as a therapist through the Institute’s Child and Adolescent Specialty Program. I combine my experience as a therapist, community mental health worker, sex education presenter and feminist advocate to create a space for girls and young women to grow and create.
I work diligently to ensure that I uphold culturally affirming and responsive care to my clients. My priority is to create a space that is inclusive, safe and above all YOURS. My role as a therapist is to work alongside you while you grow.
In therapy, I use a variety of interventions to help you reach your goals. This includes mindfulness, self-compassion practices, social skills building, emotional regulation techniques, CBT and DBT skills, and cognitive restructuring. I’m so excited to be a part of this growing, beautiful team, and I can’t wait to meet you!
I provide support for growth in the following areas:
- Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Approaches
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Life Transitions
- Body Image and Disordered Eating
- Self-esteem / Self-confidence
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma-Informed Yoga
- Motivational Interviewing
- Resource Advocacy
- Children and Teens
- Parents and Families
- Women with Eating Disorders
- Survivors of Sexual Trauma
- Military Veterans and their Families
- LGBT+ Youth and Teens
- People with Substance Abuse Disorder
- Individuals with a Dual Diagnosis
Presentations and Workshops:
- Sexuality Education and Healthy Relationships: for foster youth ages 14 to 19
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Trainer, Certified by Crisis Prevention Institute
- Street Yoga: Trauma Informed Yoga, Certified by Street Yoga
- Sex Therapy Treatment Training, Trained by The Center for Healthy Sex
- Sex Addiction Treatment Training, Trained by The Center for Healthy Sex
- Problem Solving Therapy, Trained by USC Faculty John Brekke, Ph.D. & Betsy Philips, Ph.D.
- Motivational Interviewing, Trained by USC Faculty John Brekke, Ph.D. & Betsy Philips, Ph.D.
- Mindfulness through Personal Yoga and Breath Practices
Other Current Professional Activities:
- San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association member
- Mission City Community Network
- Reasons Eating Disorder Center
- Step Up on Second
- Sexual Assault Resource Center
- AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer
- Master of Social Work, University of Southern California
- Master of Public Health, Health Education, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, San Diego State University
Mission: My mission is to offer culturally affirming, safe and empathetic care to everyone I meet both in and out of my office. I hope to hold a space of care where you can explore your deepest self and confront the challenges you face with compassion.
Pronouns: She / Her / Hers
Phone: 626-585-8075 Ext. 103