Join Our Team!
The Institute for Girls’ Development is a private psychology practice in Pasadena. Flourish Therapy + Wellness Center is our division providing psychology services to adults. At the Institute and Flourish, we promote excellence in culturally responsive psychotherapeutic and assessment services and community education programs for youth and their families. We also provide professional trainings for mental health professionals and educators. We are well-respected and active in the community – collaborating with schools and youth organizations to empower connection, inclusion, growth, and mindfulness.
We are looking for someone who is motivated by our entrepreneurial organization’s mission to empower youth, families, women, and their circles of community. We seek candidates who are interested in participating in our growth in and commitment to social justice and equity. The valued members of our Administrative Team are professional, positive, confident, detail oriented, able to work well both independently and as a team to support our mission.
The Office Manager is a key and valued employee tasked with:
- providing leadership, guidance and oversite for a positive and productive work environment in the Administrative Office of a mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented mental health practice
- taking initiative to enhance systems and protocols while working collaboratively with the administrative team and company leadership
- overseeing infrastructure to support successful delivery of Institute’s mission to clients and the community
- being a liaison between departments and with the community
- helping to plan, prepare for, and manage the vision and logistics of our many events, including workshops and professional training sessions
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide behind-the-scenes support for our clinical team, community education team, and leadership team
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication through oral and written communication, including participation and initiative in meetings
- Maintain schedules/calendars and documents/spreadsheets
- Supervise and motivate employees to perform their best, while adhering to the company’s policies and guidelines
- Oversee the performance and activities of the admin assistant
- Schedule and prepare meetings for Senior Leadership Team, including booking weekly meetings, creating PowerPoint presentations, and distributing materials to participants
- Coordinate with building owners and various building maintenance/repair contractors on building maintenance requests
- Facilitate tenant communication; maintain tenant schedules; create lease documents; provide tours of the building and available office spaces
- Act as the liaison between our IT contractor and the rest of the team; help troubleshoot IT issues; work with IT contractor to perform regular IT maintenance
- Prepare onboarding materials and assist leadership team with training and supporting new hires
- Partner with Senior Leadership Team and Business Manager to update company policies, maintain company HIPAA compliance, and track mandatory training completion for all employees
- Communicate and coordinate with outside organizations and professionals for various meetings/webinars/events
- Manage daily/weekly/annual office and operational projects from start to finish
- Assist the Community Education/Marketing Team with preparing materials for various promotional projects and workshops/events
- Oversee inventory of office supplies; assure a welcoming and resourceful office
- Any other duties as assigned
Other Responsibilities: Administrative employees are expected to follow the practices of the Institute as described in the Employee Handbook. This includes meeting high standards for daily operations, maintaining confidentiality of clients and intellectual property, budget considerations, and professional behavior in the community.
Passion: The ideal candidate has a passion for working in an organization that is:
- Dedicated to empowering girls, women, nonbinary and transgender individuals, families, and their circles of community.
- A small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results driven, and community oriented.
Requirements: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Available to start July 2021. Position open until filled.
Reports to: Senior Management
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required – emphasis in Business Administration preferred (work experience can be substituted for this requirement upon review of qualifications)
- At least 2 years of proven experience as an Admin Assistant, Office Manager, or similar role
Skills and Qualifications: This applicant is:
- Well-developed in their management skills for overseeing a busy department with 1-2 other part-time employees
- Effective, warm, optimistic, supportive and dependable under pressure
- Good at creative problem solving, decision-making, troubleshooting, taking initiative, and being effectively assertive
- Effective time management skills
- Organized and detail oriented, effective at prioritization and efficiency
- Able to consistently demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well as a team member and independently; able to engage in effective interdepartmental collaboration
- Enthusiastic about overseeing multiple projects simultaneously and bringing them to completion
- Able to maintain confidentiality and follow the professional ethical codes of the mental health professions
- Working knowledge of office equipment – printer, fax, scanner, etc.
- Experienced in the following technology platforms and tools:
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Survey Monkey
Compensation: $20 – $24/hour, depending on experience. Compensation package also includes Health/Dental/Vision Insurance options, 5 days paid sick time, 401K, 9 paid holidays, 10 days paid vacation, $150 annual educational stipend.
To apply: Please send cover letter, letters of recommendation and resume/CV to HR@ifgd.care. On the subject line, please include last name and position title. Example: Perez: Office Manager Application.