Here at the Institute we know how beautiful, frustrating, exciting and exhausting it can be to begin the parenthood journey. Our compassionate therapists offer unique support and resources to assist women and couples in gently finding their way through the many stages of starting or growing a family – a journey that can entail pregnancy loss, pregnancy after a loss, infertility, and perinatal/ postpartum depression and anxiety. Our Maternal Mental health program offers a specialized and comprehensive array of services for women/couples/families: individual, dyadic (mother and child) and couple therapy, mindfulness and skill based therapy support groups, parent consultation, as well as educational-training workshops for doulas and maternal mental health practitioners.
INDIVIDUAL and FAMILY PSYCHOTHERAPY
Our specialty areas include:
- Coping with challenges during pregnancy and the postpartum period, including recovery from perinatal or postpartum depression and anxiety, and healing from birth trauma.
- Finding your way through pregnancy loss, becoming pregnant again after a loss, and infertility
- Partner work strengthening and honoring the couple in preparation for parenthood.
- Parent/infant focused treatment aimed at improving connection and attachment during the critical first years.
PROGRAMS for WOMEN, COUPLES and PARENTS
PARENT CONSULTATION and COACHING
Our therapists are available for short-term consultation and coaching for specific parenting questions and challenges. Some of our specialties include:
- Dealing with tantrums and the emotionally explosive child
- Managing family transitions such as divorce or school changes
- Developing family tools for more peacefully managing discipline and family expectations
- Providing support, resources and information for parents with a child dealing with social anxiety or selective mutism.