A Bit About Our Institute Training Program
Each academic year, the Institute for Girl’s Development selects 2 – 4 dedicated and experienced clinicians-in-training to participate in our highly selective Professional Training Program.
Who Participates in the Institute’s Professional Training Program?
• Postdoctoral Fellows have completed their doctoral degrees as well as multiple years of training and experience in the field of clinical psychology. Fellows are completing their licensure requirements under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. Our Fellowship Program is a Postdoctoral Member Agency of the California Psychology Internship Council (CAPIC). CAPIC Postdoctoral Member Agencies are recognized by the California Board of Psychology (BoP) for the accrual of supervised professional experience hours toward licensure as a psychologist.
• Marriage and Family Therapy Associates have completed their master of arts or master of science degree in psychology or a related field and are accruing their required post-graduate supervised experience for licensure with a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
• Advanced Practicum Student Clinicians are currently enrolled in highly reputable doctoral programs in Southern California and are supervised by a licensed psychologist.
Clinicians in our Training Program are selected based on a number of factors including:
• Deep dedication to providing effective and compassionate therapy with the support of training and supervision.
• A range of prior clinical and practical experience.
• Personal attributes of self-awareness, curiosity, compassion, and a commitment to personal and professional growth.
Benefits of working with clinicians in the Institute’s Training Program:
• Clinicians and their supervisors meet weekly in individual and group supervision to discuss clients. This allows for two or more sets of eyes and minds to consider what can be most helpful for each client and each family.
• Fees are adjusted for clinicians in our Training Program, with Advanced Practicum Student Clinicians offering the greatest fee flexibility.
• The Institute’s skilled and attentive supervision team of licensed psychologists and marriage and family therapists have been providing training to advanced graduate student clinicians and post-graduate clinicians in supervised training for 15 years.