Get Social Media Savvy:
What Every Adult Working with Youth Should Know about Social Media
Note: This course offers 3 APA Continuing Education units.
Who are the top users of social media in the U.S.? You got it – teen girls!
Social media provides a unique tool for teens to stay connected 24/7 – and 70% receive support from others on social media during tough times. Add the dopamine jolts from getting “likes,” the freedom to interact independent from parents, and the entertainment value of apps literally designed to hook us – and it’s hard to resist. How can teens enjoy the benefits while maintaining a healthy balance and managing the tough stuff – like those not-so-tactful group texts and why-wasn’t-I-invited photos?
We’ve received so many recent requests from educators and mental health professionals hoping to offer the right support around social media. So, our clinical team came together and designed a unique, interactive training session. The course offers three hours of continuing education credits for California therapists.
- What every educator and mental health professional should know about social media – from popular apps to the latest stats
- How to offer teens the right support and help set healthy boundaries
- Fostering social connections without screens
- Recommended resources, apps and guidelines
Educators and mental health professionals hoping to help children and teens create healthy balance around social media and screen time
Friday, June 14
9:00am – 12:00pm
9:00am-9:30am sign-in, networking and continental breakfast
- Experiential and didactic learning with learning objectives relevant to therapists, counselors and educators
- Lots of take-home resources to use with students, clients, and families
- The opportunity to network and learn best practices from colleagues
- Nourishing food including continental breakfast and light snacks
- Vroman’s Bookstore is partnering with us to provide current books on this topic for your perusal and purchase.
• $95 Early Bird Rate until May 30
• $55 Student Rate
• $10 Group Discount
Institute for Girls’ Development in Pasadena
Institute Training Faculty:
Founder and CEO of the Institute for Girls’ Development
Licensed Psychologist – PSY 13102
Clinical Director: Child and Adolescent Specialty Program
Licensed Psychologist – PSY 21136
Director of Community Education and Outreach
Please feel free to call 626.585.8075 ext. 121 or e-mail Paige Hobey at PHobey@IFGD.care, with questions and for registration information.Back to Course List