Posting date: June 2019
Start date: Part-time training phase during July/August. Full-time position starting in September (date TBD)
Position title: Intake Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week for the full-time position with some flexible scheduling.
Be our Intake Coordinator!
The Institute’s Intake Coordinator is an exciting, key position, often the first point of contact for clients and their families as they seek support. You will provide prospective clients with a positive and smooth process to accessing appropriate services. This position integrates a range of responsibilities, clinical, administrative, and outreach. On the clinical side, you will complete phone intakes with prospective new clients, shepherd clients and families through the intake process, and meet in person with some families and clients as part of the initial assessment and orientation process. Other clinical opportunities, based on specialty interests and Institute needs, are available to the Intake Coordinator in this evolving position. On the administrative side, you will track all incoming calls, effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with our clinical team, and engage in a number of other detail-oriented administrative responsibilities to help our team be its effective best. On the outreach side, you will have the opportunity to meet, by phone and in person, some of our strategic community partners. As a member of our team, you will participate in our weekly team consultation meetings, and have the opportunity to participate in continuing education trainings and other professional development.
Experience and Education:
- Prefer a licensed or license eligible clinician. Pre-licensed clinicians with 2500 or more hours are welcome to apply.
- Experience providing clinical services or overseeing treatment intakes for clients. Prefer experience in settings that serve children, adolescents and families.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in verbal and written communication, including phone skills and presence.
- Experience with administrative, organization and related clerical duties
- Personal and/or professional experience with mindfulness practices preferred
Ideal candidates have a passion for being a valued member of a team that is dedicated to empowering girls, teens, gender fluid youth, families, and young women. Ideal candidates are excited about working for a growing entrepreneurial psychology practice.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Effective skills for written and spoken communication
- The capacity to communicate caring, warmth combined with clarity and confidence
- Ability to conduct an effective phone intake for families and individuals seeking therapy services
- Timeliness and persistence in following up with prospective clients
- Communicate caring and professionalism to those who call and the public in general
- Develop, maintain and oversee the organizational system for tracking and ushering referrals to their new therapists
- Utilize effective organizational skills to track a variety of information
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the therapy team when coordinating the assignment of a therapist to the families
- Maintenance of confidentiality and HIPAA requirements
- Other duties as assigned
General Administrative Skills:
- Highly organized, effective time-manager, efficient, trustworthy, punctual, adaptable and flexible, ability to prioritize and maintain a positive can-do attitude under stress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Location: Pasadena, CA
Salary: Compensation package includes 7 paid holidays; 10 days paid vacation; 3 sick days; 401K; group health insurance; option for employee paid/pre-tax dental and vision insurance; continuing education stipend.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume/CV and 3 letters of reference to HR@ifgd.care In the subject line, please note your last name and the position title. For example: Perez Intake Coordinator