The Institute for Girls’ Development is a private practice in Pasadena. At the Institute we promote excellence in psychotherapeutic and assessment services as well as community programs for girls and their families. We are well-respected and active in the community – collaborating with schools and youth organizations to empower connection, growth, and mindfulness.
We are looking for someone who is motivated by our organization’s mission to empower girls, women and their circles of community. The valued members of our administrative team are professional, positive, confident, detail oriented, able to work well both independently and as a team. Administrative team members maintain optimism and effectiveness under pressure, demonstrate assertiveness, take initiative where there’s need and stay sharp in their skill set/knowledge of job. In this position there is room for growth.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and 2 years of experience with responsibilities comparable to those required for this position
Skills and Qualifications:
- Organized and detail oriented, effective prioritization & efficiency
- Good decision-making skills
- Good at problem solving, trouble-shooting
- Demonstrates initiative & creativity
- Ability to oversee several projects simultaneously
- Flexibility & multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- On top of follow through
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently
- Maintain confidentiality and professional ethical code
- MS office: Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
Provide behind the scenes support for our services, events, products, and marketing. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing building and tenant needs for a professional, safe environment.
- Help maintain our online presence (website, social media as directed by our social media team, etc.)
- Ensure customer satisfaction in printing/binding/shipping orders for our products.
- Handle the behind the scenes and site preparation for community workshops and events.
- Organize and order supplies and coordinate with vendors.
- Print marketing and educational materials.
- Prepare mailings and other promotional materials.
- Maintain and update in an organized fashion: internal documentation, contact database, etc.
- Assist office manager, CEO, therapy and workshop teams for behind the scenes support as needed/requested.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Administrative employees are expected to follow the practices of the Institute as described in the Employee Handbook. This includes meeting high standards for daily operations, maintaining confidentiality of clients and intellectual property, budget considerations, and professional behavior in the community.
The ideal candidate has a passion for working in an organization that is:
- Dedicated to empowering girls, women, families and their circles of community
- A small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results driven, and community oriented.
Requirements: This position will begin as part-time (20-25 hours), 5 days a week, with the expectation to increase to 30 hours a week after a training and orientation phase. Available to start July 2018.
Reports to: Office Manager
Compensation: $12-$14, depending on experience
To apply, please send cover letter & resume to HR@ifgd.care.