How to Make a Glitter Jar
Glitter jars can be a great way to destress and increase mindfulness! We recommend shaking your glitter jar and then watching while all the glitter settles, in order to create a feeling of calm within yourself.
- Jar (mason jars are a good option)
- Glitter glue or glycerin
- Optional: Sequins, chunkier glitter, food coloring
- Put 1 cup of hot water into your jar.
- Then put about 2 tablespoons of glitter glue into the jar.
- Add fine glitter until there is about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch layer on the bottom.
- Fill the jar with water, leave about 1 inch at the top for shaking room!
- Optional: Then add some chunkier glitter or sequins and 1 drop of Neon food coloring.
Melissa J Johnson, PhD © 2015