Alexis Paul, Psy.D.
Supervised by Vicki Chiang, Psy.D. (PSY21136)
Hi there! I am a Postdoctoral Fellow working through the Institute’s Child and Adolescent Specialty Program (CASP) and am a member of the Institute’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) team. I provide individual, family, and group therapy, as well as DBT skills training.
I am passionate about helping children, teens, young adults, and their families through a holistic, person-centered approach. I utilize interventions including mindfulness, skill-building, cognitive restructuring, and exposure-based work through the mediums of art, music, and play. I also have a passion for working with folks in the LGBTQIA+ community. I have the mindset that all people at any given point in time are doing the best they can, and my goal is to help my clients achieve their goals wherever they are at. I help my clients learn how to balance the dialectic of acceptance and change in order to live their best life.
I provide support for growth in the following areas:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO-DBT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Self-injury and Suicidal Ideation
- Emotional and Behavioral Dysregulation
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Parent-child relationships
- Big Life Transitions
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Child Concentration; La Salle University
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Child Concentration; La Salle University
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Child and Family Concentration; Columbia University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology; Elon University
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT); Foundational Training with Patricia Gieselman, MFT, DBT-Linehan Board Certified Clinician in 2023
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Training in 2022
- San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health; San Bernardino, CA
- La Salle University Psychological Counseling Services; Philadelphia, PA
- Intercommunity Action, Inc.; Philadelphia, PA
- Joseph J. Peter’s Institute; Philadelphia, PA
- Diversified Psychological Associates; Philadelphia, PA
Mission: My mission is to provide informed and culturally responsive, individualized, and evidence-based mental health services to youth and their families in order to help them thrive, prosper, and enjoy life’s moments.
Phone: 626-585-8075 Ext. 144BACK TO OUR TEAM